Functions of a Real
- The final exam will take place in the regular
lecture room from 8-11am on Wednesday, May 9
(the university-scheduled final exam time).
- The midterm test will take place in class
on Wednesday, March 21.
- Office: 665 PGH
- Office hours: Monday 10-10:50am,
- Email: climenha [at] math.uh.edu
This course continues the introduction to modern
real analysis, particularly the study of measures,
Lebesgue integration, and Lp
spaces. As part of the course, we will
encounter elements of functional analysis, Fourier
analysis, ergodic theory, and probability theory.
- Lectures: MWF, 9-9:50am, SEC 201
- Textbook: Real Analysis for
Graduate Students, by Richard F. Bass
- Supplementary text (optional): Real
Analysis: Modern Techniques and Their
Applications, by Gerald B. Folland.
- I have the second edition of both texts, but
you can use any edition you can get your hands
The prerequisite for this course is Math 6320, of
which this is a continuation. Exceptions to
this may be made at my discretion.
material from 6320
HW 1 (due Mon,
HW 2 (due Wed, Feb
HW 3 (due Wed, Feb
HW 4 (due Wed, Mar
HW 5 (due Wed, Mar
HW 6 (due Wed, Apr
HW 7 (due Fri, Apr